Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tools That Make Life Easier

I'm the original procrastinator. Well, maybe not the original but I'll bet I'd come in pretty close to the top ten contenders. I'm forever realizing I haven't done something that I needed to do. Either one of two things happened. I simply forgot or I put it off.

Enter BackPack, a simple online tool that keeps your life more organized. Just make a to do list online and make it your home page on the internet and everytime you connect there it is reminding you of the tasks you need to get done.

And it's much more. You can add notes, files, images and share all of this with others on your work team or family. As you add features there is a small monthly cost. But if it helps keep us procrastinating and disorganized folks and little more structured then It's worth the money.

The second tool I'll mention is an online calendar. This one is free because it's open source. If you use Outlook and use more than one computer then you have the same problem I have. How do I get my calendar on all of my computers without pulling my hair out. Schedule World might just be the answer to your problem. I'm currently experimenting with it and it shows a lot of promise. The cool thing about this is that it also syncs your cellphone or your PDA. Give it a try if you're interested. One word of caution: it's a little complicated to get set up so if you're not computer literate get your buddy to help you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home